Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dream Journaling: An experiment in sleep & dreaming

I've only just this evening discovered actual studies on lucid dreaming; recalling, being self aware, and controlling one's dreams. And I've not only found studies, but forums and instruction on developing your own abilities in lucid dreaming.

I was immediately intrigued as I've been experimenting with sleep for a couple months now, more along the lines of polyphasic sleep; sleeping in very short sleep cycles, several times throughout the day, resulting in less total hours slept in a day. The idea being to maximize awake time in order to gain more productive hours in any given day. It's worked fine so far but while I seem to have energy and alertness for more hours per day, I have seemed to lose motivation to be productive for so many hours, despite having work to be done. I think it's more personal than a result of the experiment, but who knows. I'll try it again someday, but for now I'm bored with polyphasic sleep cycles.

Thus, this experiment has come at a good time and the idea is fresh and exciting to me. So today I am going to read up on the topic and begin experimenting with my own dreams. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment