Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Night

I blew it. The first thing you're supposed to do is wake up during or immediately after your dreams and write down the things you can remember, to build a list of consistencies, things you can use to recognize and recall your dreams. Instead I already tried to take action and control my actions, or at least be really aware of myself. In my first dream I'm not sure if I was aware, but I normally don't remember my dreams at all, so I think I was somewhat aware enough to remember what I did. In the second dream that I remember, once I did realize I was dreaming and was aware of it, I tried to let it roll and keep going. Didn't work. However, I did wake up because it was now morning and am typing this.

Dream 1:

I was with someone, don't know who, but I'm sure someone was with me. We were in a car, I think delivering something to a house where I happened to know one of the people who live there. When someone else answered the door I asked if 'Michele', the person I know was there. She said there was no such person there. I finished my business and started to walk away, but once the door shut I turned back to listen through the door. I heard the person I was talking to telling Michele I was asking about her.

The next thing I remember is going in the house looking for her and trying to figure out what was going on there. I looked around a bit I'm sure but don't quite remember much.

The one clearly strange thing here was a door off of the living room, that when I opened and looked in was like the size of a closet but was empty with no floor. It was like a large laundry shoot, just dropping and curving slightly. When I reached my head in far enough and low enough I could see past the curve, and saw that the drop was extremely far for a track house in the city, maybe 50ft! Very strange yet I don't remember if this tipped me off, but I do know I didn't do wake up or take action. I did peak back in the door another time but I think I was either scared of falling in and being caught or just being caught from behind. I looked around a bit more.

That's about all I remember of that one.

Dream 2:

I later had a dream that may have been in the same house. I'm not sure, but the room I remember seemed to be like one of the rooms in the first dream yet I don't remember it being related. This time there was a girl there I recognized who used to babysit for us, but I don't remember her name. I'm not sure what was happening there, but I got the impression it was something Illegal like growing pot or soliciting sex. About this time I was aware I was dreaming and things started to fade. I tried to relax but it didn't seem to help. When things got really blury, almost gone, I tried to spin. I'm not sure if I understand that tactic, but in my dream I physically tried to spin around. I think I was doing it, but it all seemed to be fading away anyway.

That's about when I woke up for the day. Slightly disappointed that I didn't remember to wake up and journal, or have some control in the dreams. Then I realized I've already succeeded to some extent in even remembering some of my dreams, and that in at least one I did become aware. Probably a good start. Funny, in that I normally dread sleep as a hugely unproductive block of time (roughly one third of your life!), and now I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment